Monday, August 23, 2010

Being Happy with Maintaining

A couple of weeks ago I was complaining to Patrick about being on a long, long plateau for weight-loss.  I lost so much in such a short time, between December and March, but since then I have slowed almost to a stop.  It can be really frustrating when I still have so much to lose and when I am still working out almost every day.  If I am completely honest I know why it has happened.  In the beginning of this life change I was really, really strict about what I ate.  I logged Everything!  Tracked calories and tracked all exercise.  I am still making healthy choices but I am not tracking and I will eat a few carbs here and there. (still not dessert!)  So to start seeing the big movements on the scale I know that I need to go back to tracking and to not eating carbs.  But here is the positive spin....

I have maintained a 70 pound weight loss for 5 months!  For anyone that has been "on a diet" and lost weight...you know that keeping it off is the hard part.  Luckily for me I am not on a diet.  I have made a life-style change.  For life!  It's important that I am able to lead a regular life (not tracking every bite) and still be healthy and active.

Losing weight is exciting and getting positive feedback is great!  The feeling of accomplishment in weight loss is easy.  The hard part is realizing that maintaining is just as big of an accomplishment.  And it is!

So I will keep on moving and keep on making good choices and keep being happy!

Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment