Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Back!!!!

It's been awhile!  but I'm back.  I'm back on the blog and I am back to running!  Injuries are NO FUN!  I have been through some minor set-ups on this road to health but this was a major roadblock!  Major.  I strained a ligament in my knee that sidelined me from even walking!  It was torture.  and I gained 6 pounds in about 8 weeks.

Well those pounds are gone...again.  and yesterday...I ran!!  The PT said that I would know when I could run again.  and I did.  He advised to start back on the c25k program again.  I did...on week 3.  and my knee felt great!  and today...it still feels great!!  Yes, it still gets a little stiff when I sit too long.  But it has come a long way!

What did I learn from this latest adventure?  To stretch!  A lot!  and that I can do this.  I can be healthy and make the right choices for life.  This is not some diet that has an end.  I am not working out until I lose X amount of pounds.  No, this is me.  This is my new life and I am loving it!

Love, Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment