Sunday, June 20, 2010

WWLD? and Bathing Suit Shopping(yuck!)

My sister, Beth, is having a challenging month in the Virgin Islands.  I won't go into details but suffice to say working out has not been easy.  We hadn't touched base for a few days so I decided to call and check up on her...not knowing that my sister, Dolly, called her in the same day.  The next day I received a voice mail from Beth that, basically, said "Your good cop/bad cop routine worked and I am back to exercising."  This is what happened...Beth had similar phone calls with each of us.  Dolly (the obviously nicer sister) was very understanding about the difficulties in finding a way to exercise.  My conversation went more like this "well, have you tried..." "or what about this..." "Can you go here...?" "Can you do this...".  So Beth has decided when she runs into obstacles finding a way to exercise she thinks...What would Laura do? (WWLD) and finds a way.  I am so happy to report that she ran, in place - it was the only way!, for 20 minutes straight.  Major accomplishment!  and done even with numerous obstacles!  I find it amusing that I am an inspiration for anyone concerning exercise.  I am still trying to figure this all out for myself.  Right now I am just doing something,...every day.  On non-exercise days...I still walk about 3 miles.  So that leads me to yesterday and the dreaded bathing suit shopping.  UGH!

6 months of eating healthy and exercising every day is great for your self-esteem.  10 minutes in the dressing room trying on bathing suits and it's all shot to hell.  Do you know that they have mirrors that reflect every angle?  Do you know that the lights are really bright?  Do you know that you are not as fit as you think you are? (at least I am not)  It was horrid!  And the suits!  They are either made for someone that has never birthed and breastfed kids or someone that has fake boobs.(or both)  No support, at all.  It was humorous to have the kids bring over suits in my size...that were 2 tiny pieces of triangular material...hahaha yeah, right.  So, I was successful...at Macy's...finally.  and on sale!  The name of my suit?  "My Cup Runneth Over" I really wish that I was kidding.  But I am not.  The important thing is that it fit...and nothing hangs out that shouldn't.  and I was able to take the kids swimming yesterday...and have fun and exercise!

Hope that you are doing the same!

Love,
Laura

oh, and if you are waiting for a picture of me...in my suit.  Don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

  1. Good cop, bad cop works! :) And you can wait to post the bathing suit picture after you come here in your stars and stripes bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete