Friday, April 9, 2010

Shit Happens

Cars die, husbands go out of town, people get sick, pets run away, hearts get broken...

Life just happens.  Not every day will be perfect.  You will hit speed bumps on your road to health.  You will have your resolved tested.  You will be sad or mad or depressed or all three.  You will feel like staying in bed all day (even though you can't sleep), you will feel like eating an entire bag of chocolate somethings.

You will just feel like giving up. period.

Don't!  Just Don't.  Nike tells us to "Just Do It"  Well I say...Just Don't Do It!  Just don't give up.  You can do this.  You can be healthy.  You can exercise and you can feel great.  You deserve it.  And you need to do it for you.

This has been a trying week for me.  One craptastic thing after another.  Seriously.  I feel like the Universe is testing me...and I am failing.  Miserably.  I haven't been to the gym in a week.  I have walked every day but not more than 2 or 3 miles.  I eat popcorn for dinner!  I haven't been sleeping...I have been crying.  In short...it suuuucks!

But it's time to snap out of it!  I'm going to pull up my big girl panties and deal!  This week will end...things will return to some semblance of order...or not.  But whatever happens I am not going to take it sitting down!

To quote my good friend, Whitney Pintello...
I am the shit, the bomb, the queen. In case you needed to know.

Yes, Whitney, you are!  and so am I and no one can tell us differently. 

So...gym, my love, I will see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you need what I refer to as "Fuck therapy." No, not like that... just a moment when you stop and yell "Fuck!!!!" at the top of your lungs. It helps, really. Especially for you, since you usually don't swear. The taboo will add to the release. I love you.

    ReplyDelete