Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What I Do...

This is a quick blog post for those that have been asking about what I do, exercise-wise.

First - I lost 30 lbs doing nothing but walking.  Lots and lots of walking.  I wear this pedometer everyday:
Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer  and I currently log between 7 - 10 miles most days.  When I started, I was happy to walk 2 miles.

I walk every chance I get.  Kids to the park, Farmer's Market, to the store for coffee. When the kids were in school I would leave an hour early to pick them up and take the long way (4 miles).  My favorite is to walk and talk with friends! (and then get coffee!)

I hit a plateau after 30 lbs and decided to join a gym.  I signed up for the least expensive place around ($12/month) and it works fine for me.

My normal schedule is:
4am -  I get up and do things (facebook) around the house like laundry (facebook) or dishes (facebook) or catch-up on work email. (facebook)

5am - gym every single weekday. (7am on Saturday and 8am on Sunday.) I walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes at a 3.3 speed and the hill setting level 14.  It goes up and down.
Every other day I add circuit weights.
I would like to say that I do crunches on the ball every day...I try!

I get about 3 miles on the treadmill so the other 4 - 6 is coming from walking outside.

I take Yoga on Wednesday nights and I just started Zumba on Monday nights.

For the past 2 weeks, I changed my routine and took a boot camp on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 6am.  (skipped gym those days)

That's it.  It's not difficult.  I just do it.  everyday.  and I love it.  It's my therapy and my escape.

I'm happy to answer any questions and I am always happy to walk - just ask!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment