Sunday, March 28, 2010

Being Healthy in the Age of Social Networking (and confessions!)

I love Facebook!  I mean..love like committed to you forever, love Facebook!  I have reconnected with my sister, Beth.  (so happy about that!) and am able to keep in touch with family and have been reunited with old friends. (so happy about that, as well!)  It's great for sharing photos and updates and so much!  It is, also, wonderful for keeping me on track for my health journey.  Posting about walks and boot camps and dates with my lover, Gym, all motivates me to keep going.  I want to come home and let everyone know that I made it through boot camp.  I don't want to post "Skipped the gym this AM..eating donuts"  ugh!  So thank you to everyone that reads and comments on my never-ending posts...you help to motivate me and I could not do it without you!

Social networking has also been great for sharing ideas, remedies (ice those joints!), recipes and inspiration!  I know of 2 people (Beth and Donna!) that are running and/or exercising because of items I have posted.  That is so great!  And it helps me.  If they are exercising because of me, how can I stop??

Confessions!
My own - the scale moved 5 more pounds since I lost Mekiah and then stopped.  Has not budged in 2 weeks.  ugh!  But, surprisingly,  I went down another 2 jean sizes.  Go figure.  Maybe boot camp is adding muscle?  and more importantly I feel great!

Other people - I walk to the store to buy my daily coffee.  Every day.  They know me there.  Every time one cashier sees me...she tells about what exercise she has been doing. "Haven't done anything today but tomorrow I am going to walk!" 
and
at a different store..there is also a cashier that knows me.  She always tells me how much weight she has lost.  and asks me if I have lost any more.  And looks me up and down!  seriously! 

I am the Priest of Diet and Exercise!

Ignore me...no makeup and crazy hair.  But checkout the jeans.  In back, I wore in December.  In front are my new jeans.  and Yes, they fit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment