Sunday, March 7, 2010

Temptation!

All of my girls were born in the spring.  March 5th, 31st and April 7th.  Even the dog is an April baby.  You might think that this is cute.  And how fun to have so many birthdays at once.  What it means, in reality, is that my home is filled with cake.  For 2 months. (and then with Easter chocolate!)

We had a little cake for Mekiah's actual birthday on Friday.  Then we had a cake for her little party on Saturday.
So there are currently 2 1/2 eaten cakes in the kitchen.  One of them is chocolate.  (Did I mention the Girl Scout cookies?)

My strategy is to just avoid all sweets.  (and to give away pieces at every chance!)

So far, it's working.  I know that some people can "eat just one".  I can't.  If I try one Thin Mint I can easily eat the entire box. 

So, get back all of you terrible temptations! I will avoid you and keep my eye on the prize!  and my mind on anything else.  and my butt at the gym.  and I will make it through the season of cakes.

Injury update!
Felt Great yesterday!  Walking around feeling like a 30 year old.  Then I tried to jog a few steps and my hip tried to make me feel 80.  ugh.  back to square one.  My plan is to just keep moving.  but walking and biking.  Will hold off on the running, for now.  It's too bad...I was starting to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment