Friday, February 12, 2010

My Blog!

This is it!  I am finally posting something on my new Blog.

This Blog was Patrick's (DH) idea.  I have been working on getting healthier since December 17th.  I have exercised every single day (with the exception of Christmas)

To my surprise, I have been quietly inspiring other people to eat better and to exercise.  So Patrick suggested that I start keeping a blog for my own record.

So here I am!

The first hurtle was coming up with a name!  Here are some of the rejects:

From Blob to Blog
The Pound Shed - (with a logo of a scale inside a shed)
L(ess is m)aura's Blog
Weight for It...
Being Overweight is Dumb
Take a Load Off
A One Weigh Ticket to... (Losing Weight?)
I've Come a Long Weigh
Pound-ing Away A-Weigh?)
Heavy Duty
Then I decided that this Blog is not about losing weight...it's about being healthy.  So this was the next set of ideas...

Health in a Handbasket
What the Health?
Exercising Demons
All in a Day's Work (Out)
A Woman's Work(out) is Never Done
Off the Couch
Turning Leaves / LeafTurner
Hit the Road
All Year's Resolution
And thus "Off the Couch" is born! (thanks Brian!)

Oh, and I guess that I should say that I have lost 40lbs.  More on the hows and whats next blog. 

I hope that you will follow me...and add comments to let me know you are here!

Thanks!
Laura :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogshere. I have been blogging for two years and now into retirement. I will add this to my GoogleReader. I will look forward to reading your progress.

    ReplyDelete