Sunday, February 14, 2010

My name is Laura and I am a chip addict

That was the title that I could not remember yesterday!  and it is true.  As healthy as I have been for the past few months I cannot give up tortilla chips.  I make homemade salsa (which is awesome, by the way!) and love it with salt-free tortilla chips.  I have to take the bag away from myself!  I love, love, love them.

An example of my chip issue...Patrick and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Friday night.  We had salad at home so that we could have something good unhealthy later.  We took a long walk around downtown San Jose trying to decide where to eat.  We passed Ben and Jerry's.  I have not had sweets for months.  I LOVE Cherry Garcia (it's the best flavor - don't even try to tell me different!) So Patrick says - "Why not have some ice cream as a Valentine's Day treat?"

I chose nachos from Baha Fresh instead.  So worth it.  So good.  I have a chip issue!

I am still trying to figure out the programming on this blog but I am going to add an off the coucher list!  For example, my sister has started the C25K program!  and of course, my friend Cheri!  She is my original inspiration.  She does spinning - every day!  and lost over 100lbs!  You are awesome Cheryl!

So if you are "getting off the couch" message me.  I will add you to my list!  (when I figure out how to make one!)

One more item - and it's big!  I ran today!!  I started the C25K.com program!  Here is the program Cool Running!
And I did not die!  yay!  Always a plus.  The first minute was tough.  I looked at the stop watch at 20 seconds.  The 6th time was much better.  and day 2 will be even better!  (I will be using a podcast instead of holding and looking at a stop watch!)

Until next time!
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy New Year!

This is what I look like after running...
 

Yeah, totally faking the smile.


1 comment: