Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today was a bad day. :(

I have been thinking about what to write all day.  I tend to be a very happy, optimistic person and I don't like to dwell on the bad stuff.  But if my blog is going to be honest I need to write about the bad and the good.  So here it goes...

I gained 7 pounds.  7!  In one week!  I got on the scale today.  Said "what the hell?!?"  got off...moved the scale...got on again...did it again.  Still the same number.  WTH??  In a week?  I am upset and shocked and pissed.  Now, those of you who do not know me are thinking "I guess that she didn't really hit the gym everyday"  or "Must have been some good donuts!"  But no!  I did hit the gym.  and I ran.  Every day!  and I skipped all the brownies and goodies...and even chips!!  The one thing that is different this week is that my prescription for hydrothiazide doesn't have any refills left.  I need to make an appointment to see a doctor to get a refill and I just haven't.  So I stopped taking the pills about a week ago.  So water retention...maybe...but 7 pounds??

If I am going to gain 7 pounds I wish that I could have enjoyed it!  I want to go back to yesterday and have a brownie...à la mode!

So after a nice pep talk from my sister (thanks, Beth!)  I pulled up my big-girl panties and tried to have a normal day.  I did have to work at Girl Scout cookie central from 7:30am until 10:15am (yes, loading up a million boxes of cookies) and then pick up a van full of boxes for my own Girl Scouts.  But I did get to the gym eventually.  Still did my 60 minutes of hilly treadmill and 30 minutes of weights.  Still ate healthy (NO COOKIES!) and I am trying to suck it up.  Still grumpy, though.

I'm sorry - this blog is boring me!  So I will leave it with bra talk!  I am loving my new sports bras!  They do a fantastic job! (and it's a big job!)  Here is my bra (well not MY bra but the one I use)

If you want to know the size that I wear in regular bras and the size I bought in an Enell send me an email or hit me up on Facebook.  I am not publishing that!

Tomorrow is a new day. I will call the skeevy-people-r-us clinic and make an appointment.  and hopefully have better news next week!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment