Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Off the Couchers

People have been telling me that they are being inspired by me.  me!?!  It amazes me.  I started a list on the right for my Off the Couchers.  If you have felt inspired to make healthy life changes recently drop me a line and I will add you to the list.  One person on the list is there because She inspired Me!  Thanks Cheryl!

Today was my gym day.  I did 60 minutes on the treadmill, level 11 hills at 3.3.  To be honest, I could probably do 3.5 but I like to enjoy the walk.  I love listening to my iPod, zoning and thinking.

Today I thought a lot about Facebook.  It has been wonderful for getting back in touch with old friends and for reconnecting with family.  I use it to keep in touch with my NY friends and I love to see everyone's updates and photos!  I have reconnected with my sister, Beth, and discovered that we actually have quite a bit in common.  I have become friends with people that I don't know very well in real life.  Donna!  and found that we have a lot in common!  It has been great!

And now I use it to help me stay accountable for exercising.  If I need motivation to get out the door at 4:45am you can bet one of my east coast friends will give it to me!

Is there a downside to Facebook?  Yes.  I have to confess that even though the name of my blog is Off the Couch that I am rarely On the couch.  Patrick jokes that he is going to name his blog Off the Facebook!
I should have named it Off the Desk Chair!

And is every connection a good one?  At least with Facebook you can "hide" people. 

So far, I have really enjoyed all of my connections, new and old.

Running day tomorrow!  My BFF asked me if I like running.  and I had to say "yes". Yes, I do like it.  and I am very surprised,  and this is big news...I signed up for my first 5K. New Balance Run  On May 15th!  and I would love to sign up for a 1/2 Marathon in June.  It's called See Jane Run and looks very fun.  and adult.  Champagne, Chocolate and a chance to feel Taylor Lautner's abs for all ladies that finish. 

See you there!  :)

Please send me a note if you are an "Off the Coucher"!

Thanks!
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so proud of you! I don't have the guts yet to actually sign up for a 5K. But maybe in a couple of months. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete